5/2011
I was making lunch for the girls and had an all too familiar conversation with a little twist -
Jen: Where's my peanut butter? Where's my drink? Mom, can you get me some banana bread? What about my chips?
Mom: (trying to be patient) Which do you want first, because I can't get all of those things at once.
Jen: (all sassy-like) Well, you need Octopus arms then.
Mom: Wouldn't that be nice.
Jen: Well, you'd look kinda weird, but you could get me all that stuff.
12/10/10
I was a little frustrated with Emma, telling her not to hit her sister, etc. and Jen interjects with, "Mom, you should try being nice."
12/22/10
"Mom, I don't know if Santa will bring you any presents. You might be on the naughty list."
Trying not to laugh, I ask, "You really think I won't get anything for Christmas?"
In a very motherly tone, she replies, "we'll see."
5/20/10
*I was passing the bathroom to go downstairs, and Jen was in front of the mirror. She had her sunglasses in her hand, put them on and said, "Let's do this thing." Then skipped past me and down the stairs.
4/4/10
*When is the Easter Bunny coming back? He forgot to let me see him.
*Emma has a silly sister, and I have a silly sister. That means we're both silly girls. Daddy's silly too, but you're just Mommy.
2/11/10
*Jen woke up from her nap and came downstairs. I was working on some YW stuff on the computer, and she looks around the room before saying, "But, Mom! You were 'posed to cween da house while I was sleepin'!" Sorry to disappoint, sweet Jen. Maybe next naptime. :)
2/8/10
*Jake was putting Jen to bed, and their conversation went like this:
Dad: Mom's downstairs doing some work on the computer
Jen: But, Dad...girls don't work!
Dad: Sure they do
Jen: But not homework!
You heard it here, folks! If only I'd known... :)
Favorites from the last couple weeks:
*Jen was playing with her little block letters in the tub and came across the letter 'I'---the conversation went like this:
Mom: What's I for, Jen?
Jentri: I is short.
Mom: It's short?
Jen: Yeah, I's a short letter, so it must be yers 'cuz you're short. Here ya go, Mommy. I's your letter.
Mom: Hmm. Awesome.
*Driving home the other day and Jen yells, "Mom, WATCH OUT!" I slam on the breaks and look to see what sort of danger we're about to befall, when Jen explains, "You almost hit the elephant." Oh, sweet Jen. We'll laugh about this later...
*Grandma, I'm a stylin' girl. And stylin' girls don't hold hands.
*Mommy, you're mean and Daddy's friendly. Can I have a treat?
1 comment:
For a second I thought Olivia had that huge star on her head-- ha ha! You guys look GREAT!!
Post a Comment